11/18: Annual WPDC Officer Election Meeting with Special Guest Eric C. Bauman
You're Invited! Join Us for Our Annual WPDC Holiday Celebration Sat, Dec 5th from 6-10pm
Why We Are Democrats
- Our Founding Fathers created a strong constitutional separation between church and state.
- Government policies should protect the rights of all Americans.
- Every vote matters and must be counted.
- Hard working Americans should earn a livable wage with secure pensions at retirement.
- Social security must remain a strong, independent institution.
- All children deserve a quality education.
- All Americans should be able to pursue higher education if they want it.
- In this, the greatest nation in modern history, all citizens should have the right to quality healthcare.
- Women must be allowed to continue to make their own reproductive choices.
- War should be a last resort only after diplomacy has been exhausted.
- Becoming energy independent must be a national priority.
- We must develop clean, renewable and sustainable energy sources in order to relieve us of our dependence on foreign oil and truly combat global warming.
- We are stewards of the environment, and its protection is vital to future generations.
Who We Are
The Westchester-Playa Democratic Club is comprised of grassroots Los Angeles Democrats standing up for progressive values, working hand-in-hand with our community and our Westchester, Playa del Rey and Playa Vista elected officials.
One person can make a difference, and people making a difference together is who we are! If you are interested in joining the Club, please click here.